2.5.12

Japanese Flower Motif--FREE pattern!!

Hey everyone!

I've been loving the Japanese flowers I've seen lately, but I just couldn't find a pattern. I'd find one, click on it, and the page had 'expired' or 'been taken offline' or been written in 'French'. Weird, right?
Anywho, there were enough pictures on Ravelry for me to at least sort of figure out my own version. I think I may just be pretty close!
Please note: I have no idea if this pattern is copyright to someone or not. I've seen it in quite a few places, so I don't think it's wrong of me to make my own version. I did NOT copy this pattern from somewhere, I just used various pics to formulate my own plan.
Okay, here ya go!!


Any yarn, with any hook can be used here :)

PATTERN:

Make a magic ring

Round 1: Ch4, dc in ring, ch1, *dc in ring, ch 1* 10 times. Join into first ch4 space. (12 ch1 spaces)
Round 2: Ch 4, dc in next ch1 space, ch 1, *Dc in next chain 1 space, ch 1* Around, join in initial ch4 space.
Round 3: Ch3, dc in first ch1 space (which is part of your ch4 from rnd 2), ch4, 2dc in same space. *2dc in next ch1 space, ch4, 2dc in same space* around. Join to top of ch3.
Round 4: Ch1, sc in same st. 8dc in ch4 space. *Sc in between 2nd and 3rd dc (from round 3) away from hook, 8dc in ch4 space* around join with top of sc.


Find the video tutorial (by the lovely StitchinStacy) right here! She does an excellent job of explaining the pattern, so if you need some extra help, be sure to watch the video!
Crochet Japanese Flower Video Tutorial



So go make a ton of 'em! Super quick, super easy, and super cute!

Enjoy my lovelies!
♥Grace Ann♥

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Grace Ann - I plan on making these flowers someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm soooo gonna make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. It looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are AMAZING, Grace Ann! Thanks for blessing my day with your Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try it. On rnd4 @ the * is it 2 SC between 2nd & 3rd DC? Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try it. On rnd4 @ the * is it 2 SC between 2nd & 3rd DC? Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Oops! Nope, just one SC. Thanks for catching my typo! :)
      Good luck!
      Grace Ann

      Delete
  8. how big is this flower. I'm looking for a 3" flower. Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is going to be much larger than 3 inches. I can't remember, but I think it was about 6 inches, However, it all depends on what yarn and hook you use. Size down to maybe a fingering weight and a sufficient hook and you might have a match! :)
      Grace Ann

      Delete
  9. Great flower! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am on flower number 3 for a Spring garland I am putting together. This pattern is one of the easiest I have done and the first flower I have actually had come out looking right! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! You know what to do!