30.12.11

last post for 2011!

Hello everybody!
I hope you are having a superb Friday! I wanted to give you a little bit of a summary of what I've been making the last few weeks :)

For some reason, I've been knitting up a storm. I know, not typically like me, but I've actually been enjoying it! I haven't made any substansial projects yet, but I've been playing around with different stitch patterns (basketweave, ribbing, etc.) Here's a few things I've tried:



For Christmas, I recieved the best crochet book ever! While reading this and flipping through all the pages, I'm reminded of why I love crocheting so much. I mean, just look at this!



The book is titled "Beyond the Square: Crochet Motifs" and it is an absolutely invaluable resource for any crocheter. I have had my eye on this book for a while, and I'm not really sure why I hadn't broken down and bought it before now. It's absolutely perfect! There is a collection of circles, squares, hexagons, triangles and unusual shapes.


What else did I get for Christmas? You guessed it! Yarn! Yummy! My family knows me so well...



I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you have a great New Year!
See you in 2012!
   Grace Ann

4 comments:

  1. I have that book but I haven't made anything from the motifs yet - I should go look thru it again. Love the yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book too, it's awesome! :D I made a star-shaped scarf with it. Have a good New Years!
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about that book, I used to habitually check it out from the library until I got it for my birthday. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you joined "the Motif challenge" set up by Barbara in her blog: Made in K-Town? Check it out!
    http://made-in-k-town.blogspot.com/p/beyond-square-challenge-2012.html
    You will have a reason to use your book ;-)
    Greetings,
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! You know what to do!